Come fall, I want everything to be cozy and comforting. And when it comes to food, soups are the perfect bowl of cozy! Jack first made me white bean chicken chili soup about three years ago, and since then I've been a die-hard fan. I wanted to come up with a healthy vegan alternative, and am super happy with the result! While there's absolutely no dairy or meat, my chili recipe is packed full of earthy flavor, and honestly you won't be missing anything! Better yet, it's super easy to make and pairs perfectly with freshly baked bread. It's the perfect dish for spending those chilly nights indoors.
VEGAN WHITE BEAN "CHICKEN" CHILI
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Easy Peasy
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes COOK TIME: 30 Minutes TOTAL TIME: 45 Minutes
- 3 Cans of White Northern Beans
- 1 Quart of Vegetable Stock
- 1 Package of Trader Joe's Chickenless Strips or about 8 oz of veggie chicken meat
- 1 White Onion
- 2-3 Jalapenos
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp of Cumin
- 1/4 Tbsp of Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional: Parsley for garnish
- Start by prepping the ingredients for the chili soup. Wash and roughly chop the veggie chicken meat, jalapenos, onion, garlic, and parsley.
- Of the 3 cans of beans, take 1.5 cans and blend to a smooth consistency. Leave the rest of the beans whole and set aside.
- Pour the entire quart of vegetable stock into a pan on medium high heat and bring to a boil, and then in no particular order, add all the soup ingredients, including the veggie meat, vegetables, and seasonings.
- Let the chili simmer at medium heat for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the chili in bowls, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Eat alone or with some warm bread. Enjoy!
Styling & Photography: Annie Cho