I am an AVID juicer. I love making fresh squeezed, fresh pressed juices at home without the added sugar that store-bought versions have. From cold-pressed green juices, fresh squeezed fruit juices, to root juices, I really love them all. While I don't juice as a substitute for eating vegetables and fruits, I think they are a great way to get additional vitamins and minerals that we may not always be able to eat on a daily basis. I'm excited to share all my go-to juice recipes on Annchovie. The first one is the Carrot Citrus Juice, which I drink several times a week.
Some of the numerous health benefits of carrots:
- Great for eyes
- Rich in antioxidants
- Decreases risk of heart disease and stroke
- Protects against cancers
- Great for skin and boosts wound healing
- Protects brain health and cognitive function
Some of the numerous health benefits of citrus fruits:
- High in antioxidants, Vitamin C
- Decreases risk of heart disease, stroke, hypertension
- Protects against cancers Fights weight gain
Some of the numerous health benefits of ginger:
- Nausea relief
- Digestive support
- Boosts immunity
- Fights cancer Anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal Improves diabetes
CARROT CITRUS JUICE
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Easy Peasy
TIME: 20-30 Minutes
SERVINGS: 2 Servings, Approximately 1 Pint of Juice
- 6-8 Carrots (depending on size)
- 2 Oranges
- 3-4 Mandarins/Clementines
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- Optional: Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Wash, peel, and prep ingredients.
- Press ingredients through a juicer.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Make sure to drink the juice within 2 days for the best health benefits.
- The recipe can easily be altered to suit your preferences. I personally reduce the citrus fruits and add way more carrots and ginger to make the juice even healthier!
Styling & Photography: Annie Cho