When I went on my trip to Puerto Rico, my friends ordered the most delicious virgin pina coladas I've ever had. It was so good, that our entire table ended up ordering it. This Vegan Pina Colada Popsicle recipe is inspired by that memory, and is a perfect and healthy treat during the summer. And even better, the recipe is super easy. It's a great substitute for ice cream, and there's absolutely no guilt in eating these because there's no added dairy or sugar. So feel guilt-free, and pretend you're off vacationing on a tropical island while eating one (or two) of these Vegan Pina Colada Pops!
To see more of my Puerto Rico pics, go here, here, here, and here!
VEGAN PINA COLADA POPSICLE
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Easy Peasy
TIME: 10-15 Minutes Prep Time, 4+ Hours Freeze Time
SERVINGS: 10, Fitting into this: popsicle mold
- 1 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk or 1 Can of Coconut Cream (thicker, sweeter)
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Lime
- Optional: Raw Agave Sweetener (Doesn't need it, but if you want more sweetness)
- Wash, peel, and prep ingredients as needed.
- Add the coconut milk, pineapple juice, pineapple chunks, and banana into a blender and squeeze the lime juice in. Blend until smooth.
- Pour in the mixture to your popsicle mold, but leave about a 1/2 inch space at the top and put in freezer.
- Optional: Set aside some of the pineapple chunks and either chop or do a rough blend. When the popsicles are somewhat or even fully frozen, add the pineapple blend in the remaining space of the molds to add a pop of yellow color at the bottoms of the popsicles.
Styling & Photography: Annie Cho