Continuing my Korean recipes is this Ssam Mu (쌈무) dish, or radish wrap. The sweet and tangy, vinegar infused radish wraps are wrapped around an assortment of delicious raw vegetables and vegetarian seitan meat. If you're ever feeling like you've lost your appetite, one bite into this refreshing dish will seriously awaken your taste buds! I love the crunch of the vegetables paired with the refreshing kick of the vinegary radish. Dip it into the Korean kyuja sauce (겨자) or spicy mustard sauce, and the duo is a match made in heaven! Eat the Ssam Mu as an appetizer or side dish, or even as a light and healthy meal. It's easy to adjust the ingredients with any seasonal vegetables you have on hand. Enjoy!
KOREAN SSAM MU RADISH WRAP
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Easy Peasy
TIME: 20 Minutes
- 1 Package of Ssam Mu (Vinegar Radish Wraps)
- 6 Inch piece of Cucumber
- 6 Inch piece of Carrot
- 1 Cup of Pickled Danmuji (Daikon Radish) slices
- 1 Green Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper (Or 4-5 Mini bell peppers)
- 1 Package of Sweet Earth Traditional Seitan (8 oz) or meat of your choice
- 1/2 Package of Daikon Sprouts (about 1/2 cup)
"KYUJA" (SPICY MUSTARD SAUCE) INGREDIENTS:
- 1 Tbsp Hot Mustard Paste (Kyuja Paste)
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- Start by washing and prepping all the filling vegetables into thin, 4 inch length pieces. No cooking is required so just set these aside once prepped.
- Optional: Slice the seitan into 4 inch long pieces and toast in a frying pan. Veggie meat is already pre-cooked, so this is optional if you'd like the extra crunch.
- Assemble your wraps by adding a few slices of each ingredient into the radish wrap and rolling it.
- Optional: Prepare extra green onion in thin, 8 inch lengths to tie around the wraps for presentation purposes.
- Mix all the kyuja (spicy mustard) sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Plate all the ingredients and serve!
Styling & Photography: Annie Cho