Now that fall is just around the corner, how are you all enjoying the cooler weather? I’m not quite ready to say goodbye to summer, but at the same time I’m excited to start layering with cozy sweaters, beanies, and scarves! What are some of your favorite fall activities? I love hiking in nature with my pup Uni and seeing the leaves changing!
For my August Beauty Favorites, I got to try a lot of new brands that I’ve been dying to test out, and some holy grail skincare items that are oldies but goodies. August was a month of luxury lip products, Korean skincare, the perfect summer fragrance, plant-based skincare, and more! Check out my reviews on the products I loved during the month of August below, and shop the items as well! Then head on over and check out my June and July Beauty Favorites here and here!
AUGUST BEAUTY FAVORITES:
1. ACQUA DI PARMA - Blu Mediterraneo Arancia Di Capri $165 - I’ve been using this citrus fragrance nonstop for over three weeks now. It’s perfectly light, with a bright and happy citrus bouquet. It’s the perfect summer scent!
2. LAURA MERCIER - Foundation Primer $38 - Currently my new favorite primer, this one by Laura Mercier is rich in vitamins, goes on smoothly and melts like butter. I’m left with a really smooth canvas for my makeup!
3. LAURA MERCIER - Tinted Moisturizer (Oil Free) $45 - The perfect tinted moisturizer for summer when you don’t want to put on heavy foundation and just want the slightest coverage. The oil free, lightweight formula is great, and it also has SPF 20!
4. CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN - Loubibelle Lip Beauty Oil $70 - Lips need nourishing too, and this lip oil is the ultimate in pampering! The jojoba oil softens and hydrates the lips. It has a light hint of color you can wear by itself or over lipstick to create a more plump effect.
5. CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN - Loubilaque Lip Lacquer $85 - The liquid formula of the lip lacquer has bold color and great staying power. I love the color Colibretta, which is a vibrant, almost red pink. The vial-shaped packaging is to die for!
6. CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN - Velvet Matte Lip Colour $90 - This matte lipstick has made its appearance in my favorites before because I love it THAT MUCH! The color Survivita is a deep red perfect for evening looks and the formula is highly pigmented and never drying!
7. MAMONDE - Petal Purifying Bubble Mask $25 - This was also in my last month’s favs but I’m still obsessed! It’s the best 1-minute mask I’ve ever used. The rose scent is tantalizing, the bubbling effect is so fun, and the instant results are perfect for busy mornings!
8. MAMONDE - Hydrating Beauty Water $23 -
An amazing toner that preps, tones, nourishes, and hydrates your skin! It’s made from 100% organic damask rose, and smells like a beautiful rose garden!
9. BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel $54 - Been using them over a year now and swear by this eye gel. Love that it’s made of pure ingredients, is sustainable, plant-based and made of Squalane! It depuffs and firms my eye area!
10. BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Antioxidant Cleansing Oil $30 - This is the first cleansing oil I’ve ever used, and I love it! It takes off stubborn makeup while nourishing my skin!
ACQUA DI PARMA
BLU MEDITERRANEO ARANCIA DI CAPRI
The Arancia di Capri is the perfect summer scent! The bouquet of orange, mandarin, lemon, caramel, and musk whisks me away to the island of Capri in Italy where I imagine myself lying beachside under the warm sunlight! The only negative is that this is an Eau de Toilette so the scent only lasts about 2 hours. I hope they can create an Eau de Parfum version in the future!
1. FOUNDATION PRIMER
This primer has a pink, gel-like consistency that melts into my skin like butter and really creates the smoothest canvas for my face. My foundation and makeup goes on so well when I use this primer. I also love the fresh scent!
2. TINTED MOISTURIZER (OIL-FREE)
I use the color Bisque which is a perfect color match for me. I can achieve the most flawless no makeup, makeup look with this tinted moisturizer. It’s perfect for casual days when you want just enough coverage for a natural look. It has a nice demi-matte finish, and gives you a healthy glow!
1. LOUBIBELLE LIP BEAUTY OIL
I love applying this beauty oil (right) on top of lipstick for added dimension and pout, or even by itself to nourish lips. It has a slight red tint and feels extra hydrating from the jojoba oil. Love that it doesn't feel greasy at all!
2. LOUBILAQUE LIP LACQUER
This lip lacquer (left) in the color Colibretta is liquid like a lip gloss but has the staying power of a lip stain and the high pigmentation of a lipstick! In other words it sort of does everything! The color is a deep pink (almost red) that’s vibrant and bold. It even smells nice!
3. VELVET MATTE LIP COLOUR
This matte lipstick in the color Survivita is the most luxurious shade of red. If you love matte lipstick but are worried if it’s too drying, this has a surprisingly moisturizing formula that never cracks my lips!
These smell like a beautiful bouquet of roses and they’re made from natural ingredients and real rose petals! I’m all about using natural skincare products, and Mamonde always makes the best!
1. PETAL PURIFYING BUBBLE MASK
This was also in my last month’s favs but I’m still obsessed! It’s the best 1-minute mask I’ve ever used. The rose scent is tantalizing, the bubbling effect is so fun, and the instant results are perfect for busy mornings!
2. HYDRATING BEAUTY WATER
This is an amazing toner that preps, tones, nourishes, and hydrates your skin! It’s also made from 100% organic damask rose, and smells like a beautiful rose garden! I use it right before serums.
I’ve been using #Biossance for about a year now and love that they are committed to formulating clean, sustainable, nontoxic skincare that has blacklisted over 2,000 ingredients! It’s crazy to think that so many household skincare products out there contain harmful ingredients, and I get excited sharing with you brands that I feel really good about using!
1. SQUALANE + PEPTIDE EYE GEL
This eye gel has a really nice gel consistency that calms and depuffs my eyes, and helps with my dark circles. I enjoy using it morning and night. It’s the perfect wake me up eye gel!
2. SQUALANE + ANTIOXIDANT CLEANSING OIL
The cleansing oil easily takes off my makeup right before using a water-based cleanser. It’s super nourishing, gentle, and doesn’t feel dry or greasy afterwards. It’s a common misconception that oil products will leave your skin greasier, but it’s not true! It balances the oil in your skin so that you don’t produce excess oil!
SHOP MY FAVS
Graphic Design, Photography, & Styling: Annie Cho
This post uses affiliate links. Please read the disclosure statement here.